Though preparation of electoral roll and revisions are regularly and periodically being undertaken it is felt securing the presence of residents in general & TRE member in particular to visit DPL for collecting their EPIC card on the designated days is a biggest challenge to any organizer, which determines the success of a campaign. Reasons in not arriving at DPL are varied and complex. However it was felt that if the interested public if guided properly or navigated through to reach the location would contribute to success. Hence it was decided to
Devise some method for attaining the goal. Method should enhance the navigability of part and section map guiding them to the DPL in an area through an on line method of google map services. And make them available through a web site by identifying the part/section areas in a ward of particular AC by choosing some important and popular landmarks in that area which would facilitate the public to identify and reach with ease. These identified landmarks are pinned on to the google map services available on the net through in-house developed software.
Using Janagraha and Public Affairs Center:
As Citizens groups are becoming more proactive and participating in programs of government we are interacting with Jannagraha & Public affairs center groups to involve them in disseminating information about EPIC campaign for public participation in large numbers.
Using service bill delivery methods of Govt undertakings in EPIC 2007 Campaign.
To ensure EPIC campaigns reaches & gets registered in the public it is also proposed and request the commission issue suitable instructions or orders to the concerned offices such as BESCOM, BWSSB & BSNL billing departments to print the Message while issuing bills to the HOUSE HOLD during
Display of campaign Banners at prominent in house locations such as public counters at District, Taluka & Corporation offices. Ticketing Centers of Transport & Railway Departments.
As support to the helpdesk dedicated web site www.bangalorevoterid.org and SMS short code service, as “VOTER” would be set up where in enquiries could be generated. Also a detailed procedure for obtaining the EPIC voter id, Correction to an existing one, Modification and deletion Procedures are explained.
Also wide publicity in various medias such as
- NEWS PAPERS & LOCAL DAILIES
- PRESS MEET & NEWS CONFERENCES
- RADIO BROADCASTS IN NEWS CHANNELS & POPULAR FM STATIONS
- TV NEWS CHANNELS AND DOORADARSHAN/ CHANDANA CHANNELS.
- ADVERTISEMENTS IN CABLE TV NETWORKS.
- MESSAGING SERVICE TO SUBSCRIBERS OF MOBILE PHONE FROM BSNL, AIRTEL, RELIANCE, TATA INDICOM, SPICE, & HUTCH
- INFORMATION TO VARIOUS ORGANISATIONS SUCH AS
- RESIDENT WELLFARE ASSOCIATIONS
- REGISTERED SOCIETES
- INDUSTRY & TRADE ASSOCIATIONS
- VOLUNTARY ORGANISATIONS & SOCIAL HELP GROUPS
- POLITICAL PARTIES
- MEMBERS OF CITY CORPORATORS, MLAs & MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT (SERVING & PREVIOUS)
- PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS THROUGH PUBLIC ADDRESS SYSTEMS SUCH AS
- Private Auto hiring.
- BMP Daily Garbage collection Vans.
- Hoardings & Posters in Prominent Public places.
- Information by word of mouth through friends & employees.
- COMMUNICATION TO TARGETED TRE AUDIENCE –notice/slip